The Servus Credit Union Board of Directors represents you, our member-owners. The Board is responsible for ensuring the credit union has strong, effective management, and that the credit union's strategic objectives are aligned with your best interests.
They work with the Executive Leadership Team to set and monitor the credit union's performance and direction. More importantly they ensure our operations continue to reflect the values that our communities have come to associate with Servus.
The Board sets policies and governs activities according to the Credit Union Act and governance documents. The Board's duties include:
- Establish and periodically review the corporate mission, objectives, strategic business plan and policies for the direction of the credit union.
- Maintain effective relations with other co-operatives, the community and government.
- Establish and maintain the organization of the Board, including clearly described responsibilities, authorities and relationships.
- Maintain the governance structure and ensure the opportunity for a well-informed and participatory membership.
- Ensure effective Board governance and director development.
- Encourage directors to provide leadership by supporting and promoting Servus Credit Union.
- Select, establish job description, appraise performance, decide compensation and approve development plans for the President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Approve and monitor the financial structure, policies and budgets.
- Monitor Servus Credit Union's progress in achieving objectives and goals as set out in the strategic business plan.
- Establish key performance indicators for the credit union.