The last thing you want to worry about during difficult times is making your credit card payments. We can help!
Servus Balance Protection Plus1 is optional insurance to help you meet your payment obligations in the event of total disability, involuntary unemployment, critical illness or death.2
Protect your balance up to $25,0002
Depending on the eligible loss, the insurance can help make your monthly payments or pay the balance on your account. Benefits for:
- Death: receive a one-time benefit of the outstanding balance at date of loss.
- Critical illness, such as heart attack, cancer (life-threatening) or stroke: receive a one-time payment of the outstanding balance at date of diagnosis.
- Involuntary unemployment, total disability or loss of self-employment income: receive an initial monthly benefit that is the greater of: (1) 10% of your eligible outstanding balance or, (2) the minimum amount due on your account. For subsequent months, payments are based on the greater of 10% of the eligible outstanding balance or $10.
- A disability requiring hospitalization of at least 24 hours: receive an initial benefit that is the greater of: (1) 10% of your outstanding balance at date of hospitalization or, (2) the minimum amount due on your account. If hospitalization continues for more than 30 days: receive a one-time payment of the remaining outstanding balance at date of hospitalization.
- Spousal coverage: death, critical illness, disability and disability requiring hospitalization.
A complete list of all the benefits available with this insurance is available in the Certificate of Insurance.
Cost of coverage
You’ll pay $1.20 per $100 of your average daily balance (plus applicable taxes). Your monthly premium rate will be reduced to $0.59 per $100 when you reach age 66.
For more information or to enroll, call 1.877.378.8728.
To make a claim call 1.866.539.9577 Monday to Friday, 6am to 6pm MT or visit cardbenefits.assurant.com.
1. Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC) and American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC) under Group Master Policy numbers SERBPPL-0913 and SERBPP-0913. ABLAC, ABIC, their subsidiaries, and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name Assurant®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc
2. Please refer to Certificate of Insurance for details of coverage including definitions, benefits, limitations and exclusions