You have big goals! To achieve them, a financial boost can help – like a loan to buy that something special, an authorized overdraft to track those renovations or kick-start that business, or a mortgage for your new pad. But even with the best-laid plans, life can throw curve balls. Are you protected?
Debt protection provides you with the peace of mind knowing that your debt obligations will be taken care of if something unexpected happens. As a Servus member, you have access to coverage options on personal and business loans, authorized overdrafts and mortgages.
Protection for your debt is available with the following types of coverage:
- Life insurance pays off the insured balance of what you owe in the event of an untimely death.
- Critical illness insurance pays off insured balance in the event of heart attack, stroke or cancer.
- Disability insurance covers your monthly payments if you become ill or are injured and unable to work.
- Loss of employment insurance covers your monthly payments if you suffer job loss.
Coverage options vary depending on the lending product you are insuring.
With debt protection you’ll protect your:
- Family. Assist your family with your debt payments if you become sick, injured, or pass away.
- Credit rating. Having your loan payments made for you will maintain your credit score and future borrowing power.
- Existing savings and retirement. Preserve your assets by taking care of your covered expenses without dipping into your nest egg or retirement funds.
- Home. Having your payments covered will safeguard your hard-earned home equity.
- Standard of living. One in four Canadians will develop a Critical Illness before retirement*. Debt protection pays the outstanding insured amount tax-free so you can focus on what matters most.
Our financial advisors can provide you with full product details and discuss your available coverage options.Speak to an advisor Contact your branch
Loan, line of credit, mortgage and business line of credit protection insurance coverage is optional and is underwritten and provided by CUMIS Life Insurance Company. Coverage is governed by the terms and conditions of the creditor group insurance policy issued to the creditor and is subject to terms, conditions, exclusions and eligibility requirements. Ask us for a copy of a Product Guide and Certificate of Insurance for more information.