If you have a GIC investment approaching maturity, you have a decision to make. Has your investment helped you reach a goal, or are you looking to continue growing it?
In Servus online banking it’s easier than ever to renew your GIC investments whenever is most convenient for you. This video tutorial shows you how, or you can follow the steps below.
** please note that this feature is not available on the Mobile Banking apps, only via a web browser.
How to renew your GIC in online banking
- In a web browser, sign into Online Banking.
On the “Account Summary” page, look through your investments for any showing a renewal notification beside them.
- Yellow notifications show products maturing in 30 days or less.
- Red notifications show products maturing in 15 days or less.
- Click “Renewal options” to go to the investment renewal page.
Choose to either “Renew” your investment or “Transfer funds”:
- renew lets you select an available product from the menu to reinvest your funds
- transfer funds lets you deposit your GIC funds (at maturity) into an account you select;
- Review the details and click “Confirm” (keep the confirmation number for your records).
You’re all done!
Remember, you can adjust your renewal up to one day before your investment matures by revisiting the “Account Summary” page, clicking “Edit renewal” next to your GIC product and following the steps above.
Of course, if you have any questions or want some advice when renewing your investments, we’re always here to help.
Reach out to your financial advisor or call our Member Contact Centre anytime at 1.877.378.8728