Starting a not-for profit? While there are many similarities to running a small business, there are also different regulations governing this type of organization. In addition to finances you’ll need to think about your name, business plan, board of directors, and much more.
Servus can help
- Open a business daily banking account for your daily transactions
- Establish a line of credit or authorized overdraft to help with cash flow needs
- Borrow the money you need to get started
- Set up credit and debit card processing services cash management strategies to promote success
- Develop cash management strategies to promote success
- Apply for Business MasterCard® credit card – It’s a convenient way to make purchases for your organization
- Your Business Planner - More than just numbers
Develop a financial strategy for your business with the business planner designed for credit union members.
- Canada Revenue Agency
The Canada Revenue Agency registers qualifying organizations as charities and gives technical advice on operating a charity.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
The Association of Fundraising Professionals website provides access to resources and support for growth and development of fundraising professionals.
- Charitable organizations in Alberta
Service Alberta provides information and resources to help establish and run a charitable or not-for profit organization in Alberta.