We have designed our Servus-Bredin Microloans for Newcomer Professionals to help you pay for the Canadian certification you need to continue to work as a valued and experienced professional in your field.
The Alberta Government is supporting this microloan program as an important part of its Foreign Qualification Recognition strategy. The program will provide you with low-interest loans up to $15,000 to help with expenses related to licensing and certification, including:
- Textbooks and study materials
- Skills upgrading
- Licensing fees
Our microloans can provide you with:
- Finance of between $1,500 and $15,000 depending on your personal and profession needs
- An affordable rate of interest of just Prime + 1.5%
- A manageable repayment period of up to 4 years with no penalty for an early payment
- And of course, our Servus Profit Share® annual cash bonus
To be eligible for this loan you must:
- Hold Canadian citizenship or Canadian Permanent Resident or Refugee status
- Be a resident of Alberta
- Have professional-level education or training obtained outside Canada
- Be seeking to work in an occupation that requires a license in Alberta
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Have sufficient income or resources to make repayments on the microloan
For further information please see the attached FAQ document.
The team members at the Bredin Centre will:
- Create a plan to help you achieve your professional goals
- Guide you through the loan application process to determine if you qualify
- Refer you back to us at Servus to set up your microloan once you have been successfully screened
We look forward to seeing you soon!